CNC Machinists -- 2nd Shift SIGN-ON BONUS
The Opportunity: CNC Machinist -- 2nd SHIFT
Evening Shift - 2:00pm to 10:30pm
Your primary function as a Machinist will be to set up and operate NC/CNC machines, as well as conventional machines to produce (and repair) a variety of finished and semi-finished components and assemblies. Assemble and disassemble machined parts and components using established manufacturing processes.
Location: Summerville, SC
- Read and interpret detailed part and tool drawings. Set up and operate a variety of NC/CNC machines, including multi-axis machines, HBM, VTL, lathe, grinding, and hone machine tools with related tools, computers and attachments, etc. utilizing all types and sizes of fixtures, attachments, gauges, precision measuring equipment, machinist's tools, etc.
- Operate bridge cranes, jib cranes, fork trucks, hand trucks, etc. for material handling; and computers and Manufacturing Systems.
- Follow established operational procedures to perform all machining functions such as turn, mill, bore, groove, chamfer, profile, taper, tap, etc. Hand or machine blending and finishing as required. Maintain drawing requirements including length, diameters, perpendicularity, parallelism, concentricity, etc.
- Support development and routine machining operations associated with NC/CNC Mill/Turn, HBM, VTL, Horizontal Lathe equipment.
- Assist in the startup of NC/CNC machines including Mill/Turn, HBM, VTL, Horizontal Lathe, multi-axis equipment.
- High School graduate
- Completion of a four-year machinist apprenticeship or equivalent is an asset
- 4+ years in CNC machines experience
- Ability to maintain acceptable quality and efficiency level, and effectively communicate with others.
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge, skills, and abilities to assembly work and machining.
- Lifting objects weighing 50 pounds to waist height and transporting a distance of 10 feet.
- Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
Preferred Experience: Experience operating WFL Machines and Waldrich Coburg Machines.
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
No unsolicited agency submittals please. Agency partners must be invited to participate in a search by our and have signed terms in place prior to any submittal. Resumes submitted directly to any Curtiss-Wright employee or affiliate will not qualify for fee payment, and therefore become the property of Curtiss-Wright.
This position may require exposure to export-controlled information and subject to additional security screening. In the event information provided during the security screening reveals ineligibility to access export-controlled information, any offer of employment may be reconsidered or withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.