Transform Your Tomorrow…Today at Curtiss-Wright
Curtiss-Wright Steam & Air Solutions (SAS), a business unit of Curtiss-Wright, designs, manufactures, tests and provides - Navy steam turbines and steam valves, nuclear steam turbines, and aftermarket steam parts, upgrades, and overhauls. https://www.cw-ems.com/sas/default.aspx
An exciting and challenging opportunity to work and be part of a team in a newly built Curtiss-Wright facility in Summerville SC!
The Opportunity | Manufacturing / CNC Engineer
The successful candidate will perform manufacturing engineering assignments; program CNC machine tools; participate in kaizen events and process mapping sessions. This individual will work autonomously and in team environments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identify and design tooling and fixtures to enable safe and efficient manufacturing of parts/assemblies; develop machining processes, including tool selection for individual components and sub-assemblies
• Understand and apply Design for manufacturability (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design to Cost (DTC) concepts to development and production projects
• Management of CNC program files for revision control and security per internal procedures; program machine tools utilizing 3D models and CNC languages; perform 1st time program proveouts
• Understand and apply geometric dimensioning and tolerancing concepts during drawing review and development
• Provide Shop support for assigned projects; and training and mentoring of Operator Programmers (specifically – qualified machinists)
• Develop and/or revise work instructions, routings, manufacturing procedures, tool drawings and related manufacturing software for assigned projects
• Identify new and/or improved processes for reducing rework, cycle-time, and costs for assigned projects
• Participate in Kaizen Events, Process Mapping and Project Readiness reviews
• Ability to apply software specific to role such as: MS office, VISIO, SolidEdge, TeamCenter, Oracle and AutoCad
• Develop quotations for assigned product(s)
Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering, or equivalent with five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with manufacturing processes, such as machining, CNC machining (NX and/or Mastercam a plus), welding, or assembly
• Experience with design tooling and fixtures for manufacturing of parts/assemblies
• Proficiency in using MS Word, Excel, CAD experiences especially 3D solid models
• Excellent communication skills
• Professionalism and commitment to quality, customer service, and continuous improvement
• Ability to tolerate and drive change
• Attention to detail
• Must be a sole US citizen and able to obtain and maintain DOD security clearance
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
No unsolicited agency submittals please. Agency partners must be invited to participate in a search by our and have signed terms in place prior to any submittal. Resumes submitted directly to any Curtiss-Wright employee or affiliate will not qualify for fee payment, and therefore become the property of Curtiss-Wright.
This position may require exposure to export-controlled information and subject to additional security screening. In the event information provided during the security screening reveals ineligibility to access export-controlled information, any offer of employment may be reconsidered or withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.