Budget Analyst I
The principal function of a Budget Analyst I is to analyze, prepare, and monitor the budgets for offices/departments assigned to it.
The Budget Department is made up of eight full-time employees. It formulates financial strategies, prepares annual and multi-year financial plans, assists in the management of federal and state grants, and monitors the County’s annual budget. The County is comprised of 49 different offices/departments and handles a variety of funding sources.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $50,440 - $62,296 (Estimated Annual Salary)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 04/30/24
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the Budget Analyst I position include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating budget requests, appropriations, and adjustments to make recommendations to the Budget Director.
- Preparing reports including narratives and fund summaries for stakeholders that compares actual revenues and expenditures to the budgeted and estimated amounts.
MUST possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field PLUS at least one or more years of financial or budget experience.
Experience in a local government financial position preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess and utilize a logical and creative thought processes in a budgeting environment.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and abilities using EXCEL, as well as other modules in the MS Office platform.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new software applications easily and be capable of entering data and typing communications accurately and rapidly.
- The ability to remain calm, focused, and professional in stressful situations.