In search of a highly motivated candidate to plan, organize and implement substance use Prevention services throughout the community. The Prevention Specialist will use a set of knowledge, experience, training and skills to encourage healthy attitudes and behaviors which prevent the use/abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
HIRING HOURLY RANGE: $20.40 - $21.66
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 4/30/2024.
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Plan, implement and evaluate culturally appropriate evidence-based programs, environmental strategies, and best practices that are aligned with local needs through utilization of Strategic Prevention Framework
- Identify and utilize comprehensive approach using the risk and protective factor model
- Plan and coordinate work to deliver quality community substance abuse prevention education, retailer education, community engagement and environmental strategies
- Disseminate information to civic organizations, schools, community groups and members of the public;
- Collaborate with other agencies – including local law enforcement;
- Attend meetings of various coalitions to garner support for community awareness;
- Excellent customer service; Represent the program to the public and provide information regarding the program services and activities
- Coordinate community based programs and services, arrangements for program activities such as meetings, presentations, gathering and analyzing statistical data, entering data, maintain records and assist with evaluation of the program
- Provide outreach, education and support to community partners
- Review materials to remain current on practices, principles, and new developments;
- May be required to work after hours and occasional weekend events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or a closely related field supplemented with at least 2 years of job related experience, or;
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Must obtain a Prevention Specialist Certification for South Carolina Association of Prevention Professionals and Advocates within 3 years of hire;
- Knowledge of pharmacological drugs and substance use disorders;
- Computer skills;
- Public speaking skills;
- Must possess and valid SC Driver’s License.
Spanish Speaking Candidates highly desired.