Construction Maintenance Worker I - Mosquito Control
Charleston County Public Works Department is looking for highly motivated, safety minded individuals who enjoy working outdoors to join our team!
Be a part of improving the quality of life for citizens, business, and visitors of Charleston County.
We offer competitive salary, a great benefit package, and training and development opportunities for growth and advancement. Working for the County allows you to earn a pension and you will receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
HIRING SALARY: $ 17.31 Per Hour
Weekend and holiday work may be required during active mosquito season.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 4/30/2024.
- Duties and Responsibilities
Performing manual task involving the use of hand tools (bush axes, swing blades, etc.) to cut and clean paths to and in/around ditches and spraying mosquito breeding areas; assists with refurbishing equipment and trucks during the non-mosquito season; and maintains a clean and safe vehicle and crew area. Familiarity with County geography a plus! Weekend and holiday work may be required during active mosquito season.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to comprehend and execute written and verbal instructions
- Willingness to provide good customer service
- Must be safety-minded and be able to work well in a demanding, team-oriented environment
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Reliable transportation to get to work
- Have and maintain a valid SC Driver’s License with a safe driving record
- Available to report to work during hazardous weather or emergency conditions