Are you passionate about democracy and coaching people to their fullest potential? Join us as a Training Manager at the Board of Elections and play a pivotal role in ensuring smooth and efficient elections!
Welcome to the Board of Voter Registration and Elections, where we are not just an agency, but a dynamic force committed to excellence in democracy. As an award-winning organization, we pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit of improvement to better serve the voters in our community. A major way this is done is through the training of those who serve as poll managers. At the heart of our mission is an unyielding dedication to organizing elections with precision, fairness, and strict adherence to the law.
Hiring Range: $64,209 - $84,146 (Estimated Annual Salary)
Apply now and play a vital role in shaping our team by ensuring that every member is expertly trained and ready to contribute to our shared success.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 4/30/2024.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Comprehensive Training Development:
- Develop robust training programs for poll managers, ensuring strict compliance with policies, procedures, and SC State law.
- Create detailed instruction manuals and materials to facilitate highly effective training sessions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in analyzing and interpreting data, election laws, and policies.
- Conduct engaging meetings and presentations for both small and large groups.
- Showcase excellent public speaking and writing skills.
- Possess the ability to train others seamlessly while concurrently managing assigned projects.
- Training Coordination:
- Coordinate both in-person and online training for full-time staff, poll managers/temporary staff, and Board members.
- Act as a liaison to the Board for all training inquiries and certification requirements.
- Community Engagement:
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Specialist to produce poll worker recruitment videos, training videos, and other important information.
- Year-Round Training Program:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive year-round training program benefiting department staff, poll workers, and other county staff.
- Create and manage training schedules for all staff and board members.
- Performance Tracking:
- Track and create reports on the outcomes of all training sessions.
- Maintain accurate training records for the department.
- New Hire Training:
- Provide training guides to new hires tailored to specific purposes.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Gather and evaluate feedback from employees and management on previous training sessions to identify weaknesses and areas that require additional training.
- Attend seminars and meetings to stay abreast of new training methods and techniques.
- Collaboration with Precinct Manager:
- Assist the Precinct Manager with recruitment, assignment, and payroll for poll workers.
- Adaptable Role:
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive Training Development:
- Minimum Qualifications
Why Join Us:
1. Pioneers in Electoral Excellence:
• We are not just an office; we are pioneers in electoral excellence. Our track record as an award-winning agency speaks volumes about our commitment to providing the best service to our voters.
2. Continuous Improvement:
• We believe in constant evolution and improvement. Our office is dedicated to staying at the forefront of electoral practices, ensuring that we adapt to the changing landscape and consistently enhance our services.
3. Impactful Service:
• Each member of our team plays a crucial role in shaping the democratic process. Joining us means becoming a key player in ensuring fair, transparent, and accessible elections for the residents of Charleston County.
Supervisor: Deputy Director for Election Operations
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Certifications: State Certification within 18 months of hire date
CERA Certified within 4 Years of Employment
Experience: 3 years of experience.