Budget Analyst II
The County is filling a professional position in the Budget Department. The 8-person department formulates financial strategies, prepares annual and multi-year financial plans, assists in the management of federal and state grants, and monitors the County’s annual budget.
These professional positions will be responsible for the analysis, preparation, and monitoring of assigned County budgets.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $57,324 - $64,563 (Estimated Annual Salary)
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 04/30/24
- Duties and Responsibilities
Duties also include:
- Review, analyze and evaluate budget requests, appropriations and adjustments to make recommendations to the Budget Director.
- Prepares reports including narratives and fund summaries for stakeholders that compares departments' actual revenue and expenditures to the budgeted and estimated amounts.
- Assist offices/departments with reviewing objectives and performance measures for reasonability and updating as necessary.
- Assemble and analyze historical financial data, identify trends, provide forecasts, and explain processes and techniques.
- Minimum Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficiency with large-scale financial systems.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and budgeting in governmental setting.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills.
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field is required along with three (3) or more years of progressively responsible financial or budget experience in a governmental setting.