Parking Services Representative I - Temporary
The position will be responsible for general maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, and repair of the County’s parking facilities.
No benefits are associated with this Temporary Position.
HIRING HOURLY: STARTING $15.00
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY, 12/31/2023
- Duties and Responsibilities
* Extensive monitoring and interaction with the Parking Access Revenue Control System (PARCS) to maximize performance and potential revenues, including routine maintenance and diagnosis of any hardware/software issues.
* Extensive computer knowledge is required, as the candidate will utilize various programs/applications throughout the shift.
* Actively engaging in custodial duties including but not limited to restrooms, trash removal, sweeping and other duties as assigned.
* Recommend to parking management any changes that would result in a smoother operation.
* Provide excellent customer service skills while maintaining a safe environment for citizens, visitors, and employees to Charleston County. (ex. Communication via CCTV, Phone, E-mail and Orally)
* Perform the duties of CSR I to include filling out daily Shift Reports.
* Cash handling-must be able to operate a cash register.
* Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Minimum Qualifications
Position requires a high school diploma, GED or minimum of 2 years customer service experience, supplemented with one year trades work experience in custodial, cash handling, and call center disciplines. Parking Experience is preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Position requires extensive walking and standing throughout the shift. Must possess a valid SC driver’s license, or the ability to obtain one upon acceptance of the position is preferred. Applicant will be required to drive various County vehicles. The employee must be able engage in both sedentary tasks and strenuous activities requiring the lifting of over 40 lbs. Must be able to work in different weather environments and around vehicles. Must be available to work in Emergency Activations. Applicant will be subject to a criminal background check.