Construction Maintenance Worker I - Adams Run
Charleston County Environmental Management is looking for a highly motivated, safety-minded individual who likes working outdoors, assisting members of the general public, providing outstanding customer service and performing a variety of tasks at our convenience centers. This employee’s primary site will be at Adams Run Convenience Center.
HIRING HOURLY RANGE: $15.00 - $16.96
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
- Duties and Responsibilities
* Operating a variety of hand tools and power equipment to clear and maintain container sites;
* Using pitch forks, rakes and shovels to clean around waste and recycling containers;
* Helping tarp roll off trucks and assisting roll off drivers as needed;
* Maintaining cleanliness of convenience center, containers and emptying trash barrels;
* Proper handling and storage of household chemicals;
* Assisting Charleston County residents as needed;
* Maintaining tools/equipment and performing other general labor duties which may include heavy lifting (55 lbs);
* Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
Position requires an 8th grade education OR any equivalent combination of training and work experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to comprehend and execute written and verbal instructions
* Excellent customer service and communications skills
* Ability to safely operate hand tools and power equipment
* Must be safety-mined and be able to work well in a demanding environment.