Peer Support Specialist
This position provides peer support services to patients in a substance use disorder treatment facility in various treatment settings including admissions/helpline, opioid treatment clinic, outpatient, residential, and withdrawal management services.This position is grant funded. Continuation of employment in this position is contingent on grant funding.
HIRING HOURLY: $15.00
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to assess strengths, challenges, resources, and goals (i.e., recovery capital) across multiple life domains
- Develop recovery plans to support clients as they transition to the community
- Use recovery oriented practices such motivational interviewing
- Good working knowledge of medications for treatment of opioid use disorders and their benefits
- Compliance with all Charleston Center/ Charleston County Policies and Procedures
- Provide after hours and emergency coverage as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma with two years in recovery from Substance Use Disorders and a willingness to self-identify as a person in recovery.
- Certification as a Peer Support Specialist within two years of hire date. If not currently certified become “in-process” within 30 days of hire.
- A valid SC driver’s license and 10-year driving record
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and computer skills
* Spanish speaking candidates highly desired