Junior Linux Administrator
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, and Partners.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Implement patch management for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from a centralized management solution.
• Perform command level troubleshooting of OS and associated hardware/software.
• Perform configuration updates, operate and maintain systems, troubleshoot and maintain servers, analyze issues that hamper system performance, performing all other supporting tasks, writing and modifying scripts, and taking accountability for changing contents of the files all while ensuring proper security protocols are executed.
• May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists.
• May administer network security measures.
• Monitor system health and performance
• Investigate and remediate complex technical issues
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Work in an Agile Environment with tickets across multiple Client Boards and Help Desk.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
• BA/S in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or another related field is required. A combination of experience and education may be accepted in lieu of degree.
• High familiarity with RHEL, Centos with experience in Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
• Experience with blended Windows and Linux networks. Active directory joining and maintenance
• Should have experience with dealing with Hardened Linux Instances in RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, and Ubuntu, etc.
• A working knowledge of Virtual Machines in general with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure experience preferred
• Pass Government background checks to attain security clearance level of Secret or higher for multiple departments
• Be able to attain Security+ certificate (Necessary for particular clients)
• Ability to learn on the job and desire to solve problems
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set level, experience and training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $75,000 - $90,000.”
- System Administration
- Infrastructure as a Code
- Virtual Server Management