CGI Federal Procurement Organization is seeking a motivated Procurement Professional who wants to develop their procurement expertise in the US federal market and grow their career in the global procurement and supply chain arena. This position works independently with minimal supervision, and provides procurement support to the company and its affiliates through the Financial/ Shared Services Organization.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Perform complex purchase transactions with dollar liability; generate purchase orders accordingly.
• Review procurement requests for goods and services and ensure compliance with company procurement procedures as well as US federal acquisition regulations.
• Negotiate terms and conditions, pricing and payment terms; and adequately flow down the necessary contractual requirements to suppliers.
• Manage supplier relations; conduct due diligence on new suppliers; maintain approved/disapproved supplier listing; manage supplier conflicts/disputes etc.
• Lead source selection efforts to obtain adequate competition, price reasonableness and cost savings. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of a variety of complex factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for developing solutions.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders to obtain necessary information to complete all actions.
• Perform track and manage all outstanding action items to completion.
• Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
• Acts as backup to other procurement team members
• Performs other duties directed by the Procurement Manager.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelors degree plus 3-5 years of experience or equivalent experience in lieu of education. In addition:
• A solid understanding of the Purchase-to-Pay procurement cycle (sourcing, requisition, approval, purchase order, receipt, and billing);
• A solid understanding of the sourcing process steps (requirements definition, analysis category, strategy planning, vendor selection, strategy execution, contract allocation).
• A good understanding of IT procurement, cloud procurement and latest market trends
• Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical conduct and practices
• Organized, detail and customer-oriented, and dependable.
• Demonstrate strong communication and influencing skills when interacting with internal, external clients and cross-functional teams.
• Experience with Deltek Cost Point (a plus), Excel and other Microsoft Office packages
• Ability to apply concepts of basic and advanced mathematics in order to calculate discounts, interests, commissions, percentages etc.
• Ability to read and interpret terms and conditions of sales and purchases.
• Ability to work in dynamic environment and handle multitasking efficiently.
• Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of procurement compliance and supply chain risk management; recommend process improvements.
• Advanced experience in government contracting and procurement systems (CPSR, FAR, DFARS)
• Working knowledge of Supply Chain (SCM) Management activities
• Purchasing certifications
• Some Working knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Codes (UCC), contracts law and commercial contracting best practices
• Some working knowledge in IT Asset procurement and MRO-related service agreements
• Working knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and analysis of financial data
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $52,400-$116,100.
Let’s talk about benefits
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
- Analytical Thinking
- Supplier Management
What you can expect from us:
Something looks off?