The IT Systems Engineer position will support all aspects of IT infrastructure design, development, implementation, fielding, and ongoing support and maintenance of Department of Defense (DoD) and military IT systems. The candidate will operate as part of a team of systems engineers providing technical competency to new and existing systems, delivering mission-critical infrastructure utilizing the latest technology, and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security through all phases of initial systems design, installation at customer sites and ongoing support of installed systems. This position is expected to provide subject matter expertise for multiple enterprise-class applications, operating systems, and network components in highly virtualized software-defined data center environments.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate customer technical requirements and design constraints in support of IT system design and architecture for new or modified environments, including both hardware (server, network, and storage) and integration of COTS applications.
- Design, configuration, and troubleshooting of Active Directory domain environments.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise-class COTS software, including but not limited to applications providing network monitoring, software distribution, intrusion prevention/detection, antivirus, end-point control, software/patch management, email services, file services, print services, and database applications.Required
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of storage infrastructure, with a primary focus on software-defined data center solutions.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of multiple operating system environments to include both server and client platforms.
- On-site system installation, configuration, and migration of production IT systems.
- Design and implementation of resilient IT systems architecture with a primary focus on high availability and fault tolerance, including disaster recovery scenarios and complete backup and business continuity objectives.
- Produce highly consistent technical documentation to include step-by-step configuration procedures, operating instructions in support of end-user technical manuals, and installation/migration procedures in support of on-site upgrade efforts.
- Research, evaluate, and compare the latest technology across the industry and author whitepapers or Request for Information (RFI) responses.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate detailed technical information to peers and non-technical management staff as needed and to produce detailed technical documentation adhering to customer requirements and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a closely integrated team as needed.
- Experience with network switching concepts to include VLAN, 802.1x, QoS and basic Layer 2/3 operation.
- Experience with configuration and/or administration of virtualized compute and storage infrastructures.
- High level of familiarity with Microsoft operating systems and Active Directory domain environments.
- Significant experience in the implementation and configuration of enterprise-class software applications.
- Ability to successfully complete the CGI Federal Background Investigation.
- Ability to attain and maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
- Ability to travel from 25%, up to 50% as needed to support on-site installation, configuration, or troubleshooting efforts.
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills:
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Server (2016 and later)
- Experience with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Extensive experience with VMware Virtualized IT infrastructure components including vCenter, ESXi, vSAN, NSX, vRealize Operations Manager, and vRealize Log Insight
- Experience with configuration and management of Microsoft Exchange Server (2016 and later)
- Experience with configuration and management of Microsoft SQL Server (2016 and later)
- Experience with configuration and management of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Experience with configuration and management of McAfee HBSS point products and ePolicy Orchestrator centralized management to meet DoD information assurance directives
- Experience with configuration and management of SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
- Experience with configuration and management of PKI infrastructure in support of multifactor authentication (MFA)
- Experience with configuration and management of a networking infrastructure
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $75,000 - $105,000.”
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
- Server Setup/Config
- System Administration
- Systems Engineering
- Wintel/Windows Server