Systems Engineer - Hybrid Work Opportunity!
Grab a cup of company this could take a while…....
Our company helps our clients with IT so they can focus on running their business, law firm, school, or medical practice. We also do schools and contracting work for large organizations. Big picture- We do all sorts of things from designing networks to providing ongoing maintenance; we are the company that our clients call for everything from basic pc support to hosted solutions to network management. Some clients want to push the envelope with new technologies, and some want to keep costs to a minimum.
We are looking for great people who are excited about technology and enjoy dealing directly with end-users. We're fanatics about customer service, we run a responsive and professional operation, and we love what we do. (OK, we don't love it every day but most days we do). We are looking to build our team with people who want to learn about the latest technology and want to contribute to our award-winning team. Every day is different over here and you must appreciate the thrill of thinking quick on your feet.
In this role, we are usually onsite 80% of the time and provide remote support from home 20% of the time. We typically work around 45 hours per week although sometimes we work a little longer. (If you work in IT support you know things can go crazy from time to time). Our office support hours are 8AM until 6PM EST. I would be lying if I said those were cushy hours playing World of Warcraft while listening to clients talk about email problems on the phone. That's not our day- we are busting it to help our clients and move on to the next problem. Each of our technicians takes turns being on call after hours about one week every three months. Not always a favorite, but it comes with the territory and our number one priority is taking care of our clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft Network and Server Technologies (2012, 2016, 2019, 2022 Active Directory)
- Windows Remote Desktop Services or VDI – maintenance, setup, configuration, policies
- Microsoft Office 365
- Basic Cisco or Cisco Meraki switching, routing, VPN
- Managing, configuring, and setting up firewalls
- Experience setting up and managing backup software
- Experience with case (ticket) management software
- Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V) is a plus
- Experience with Managed Services a plus
- Ability to configure and manage security products including Antivirus, Antispyware, and Antispam tools
- Strong TCP/IP skills including DNS, DHCP, and VPN configuration
- Outstanding client communications and troubleshooting skills
- Detail orientation and the discipline to do proper documentation and keep track of billable time. (This is really important. Again, this is really important.)
- Able to handle a high-pressure environment
- Experience with ticketing systems
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
- Certifications Desired: Network +, Security +, MCSE, CCNA
- Typical Physical Demands:
o Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, occasionally stooping, crawling and reaching
o May be required to lift up to 60 pounds
o Requires normal range of vision and hearing
· A couple of other things:
o You must provide your own transportation and smartphone
o Must be fun to work with and understand humor
Voted one of South Carolina’s Best Places to Work in 2021, Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies List 9 years running, and we have an outstanding reputation for best in service and state of the art technical support by our clients with a 95% retention rate. What makes our company such a great place to work are the internal career advancement opportunities, the compensation package (think 401K match, Tuition Reimbursement…) and most importantly the people that you get to work with every day.
If after reading all this, you are still awake, it sounds like a career and the company for you, then what are you waiting for? Apply all-ready!