Financial Reporting Accountant, Mid
Booz Allen Hamilton
Gather data and prepare documents required by compliance agencies, including SEC for external financial reporting. Use a formal process for appropriate data gathering, consolidation, and analysis of financial data relative to the preparation of SEC filings, including 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, proxy statements, and the annual report. Prepare cash flow statements, earnings release calculations, equity footnotes, and other equity disclosures. Ensure data integrity and proper accounting with auditors who support the review and audit of SEC filings. Gather reference material concerning new and existing technical accounting literature to ensure compliance.
- 4+ years of experience with U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite tools, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to manage competing priorities and tasks
- Bachelor's degree
- Certified Public Accountant License Certification
- Knowledge of revenue recognition, accounting, and reporting practices of a publicly-held IT government services contractor
- Ability to make well-reasoned decisions in a professionally skeptical manner
- Possession of excellent analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Possession of excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master's degree in Accounting or Business Administration
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $52,100.00 to $119,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.