Administrative Support Specialist 3
Job Summary and Essential Functions
This position typically performs basic administrative tasks; and deals courteously and effectively with fellow employees and citizens.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform multiple customer service functions associated with the issuance of various permits (including mobile home setup permits) and licenses including online contractor verification, research of parcel zoning codes, owner/builder requirements, and the calculation and acceptance of fees and payments.
- Frequently interacts with other County departments and DHEC to gain needed information during the permit issuing process.
- Maintain and scan all documents in system, ensuring accuracy and most up-to-date information.
- Prepare files and other items for records retention in a timely manner.
- Enter related transaction data into the mainframe computer system.
- Account for fund differences on a daily basis and reports differences to the supervisor.
- Prepare daily cash, check, and credit card for deposit.
- Coordinates activities and/or provides administrative support for the department which requires an understanding of complex processes, data, and/or operations of department.
- Performs administrative duties including basic typing, scanning, creating files, filing, answering telephones, taking messages, copying, computer operation, data entry and review.
- Updates supervisor of critical issues/events.
- Assists the public by providing customer service.
- Assists employees with clerical needs.
- Takes precise messages and ensures prompt delivery to appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Three (3) years of related administrative and customer service experience;
- Must obtain ICC Permit Technician certification within one (1) year of employment. Employee will be asked to resign or will be separated from employment if required certification is not obtained and maintained. Employee is to remain on probationary status until certification has been obtained and all job requirements are met.
- Data Entry/Basic Skills score of 74 is required for this position;
- Word score of 50 and Excel score of 45 are required for this position;
- Departmental testing may be administered during interview;
- A criminal background check will be completed on selected applicant if a current one (less than 3 years old) is not on file.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Word and Excel.
- Skill in clerical tasks including filing, customer service, math, data entry and correct grammar usage.
- Skill in the use of general office equipment.
- Ability to accept payments.
- Ability to manage inventory and property.
This position requires the employee to sit and use hands to handle, feel, finger, grasp or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; and walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work is regularly performed in a relatively safe, secure and stable work environment. Thirty-seven and one half (37.5) hours per week. Must be flexible to work anytime during normal office hours Monday through Friday from 8:30am until 4:30pm, with the ability to work flexible hours when necessary. Scheduled hours/days, job location, duties and any other information contained herein is subject to change. May be required to work extra hours and to perform extra or different duties during emergency situations.