IT Project Manager
Job Summary and Essential Functions
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating designated assigned projects, insuring quality and timeliness of projects, and overall project management; and deals courteously and professionally with coworkers and the public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Primarily functions as project manager for installation and configuration of CAD\RMS\JMS.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to specify projects, coordinate work, and monitor progress.
- Perform quality assurance function for projects, including documenting process improvements required to ensure project success.
- Prepare and review project documentation including schedules, work flow, receivables, deliverables, reports and budgets as required and reports findings to management effectively and frequently.
- Facilitate open communications between all contributors and stakeholders to ensure project participants have current information, clear vision, unhindered exchanges and a collegial environment.
- Understanding, in depth, the business processes supported by assigned systems.
- Ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained during installation and configuration of applications.
- Ensure application and service processes and outputs are error free and complete.
- Identify faults and issues recommending appropriate paths to resolution and repair.
- Manage problem resolution and change orders for designated projects.
- Contribute to process development and best practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- Bachelor's degree in a related field;
- Four (4) years of related experience in project management and application support;
- Or equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Must have and maintain a valid South Carolina driver's license with a safe driving record;
- Departmental testing may be administered during interview;
- A criminal background check will be completed on selected applicant if a current one (less than 3 years old) is not on file.
- U.S. citizenship required pursuant to security investigation for clearance if selected for the position.
- This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Knowledge of personal computers and peripheral devices with a good understanding of the Internet application systems environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft networking systems and Office applications.
- Skill in the installation of personal computer software and hardware equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be organized, detail oriented and multi-tasking.
- Ability to manage inventory and property.
- Ability to make budget recommendations.
- Ability to repair, develop or install hardware, software and systems.
- Ability to establish policies and create plans and guide implementation of new systems.
- Skill in excellent oral and written communications.
- Ability to work under pressure; multi-task; be efficient; meet deadlines with quality work; interact with others while maintaining decorum regardless of the situation.
This position requires the employee to sit and use hands to handle or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work is regularly performed in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands. Normal working hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm with the ability to work flexible hours when necessary. May serve in a departmental on-call rotation for emergencies. Scheduled hours/days, job location, duties and any other information contained herein is subject to change. May be required to work extra hours and to perform extra or different duties during emergency situations.