Administrative Support Specialist 2
- Job Summary and Essential Functions
This position typically performs basic administrative tasks; and deals courteously and effectively with fellow employees and citizens.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides administrative support for the department which requires an understanding of complex processes, data, and/or operations of the department.
- Performs administrative duties including basic typing, scanning, creating files, filing, answering telephones, taking messages, copying, computer operation, data entry and review.
- Creates and/or maintains associated documents and databases, arranges/coordinates meetings, special events.
- Updates supervisor of critical issues/events.
- Provides detailed responses to requests for information; reviews and updates administrative procedures.
- Prepares and files required metrics and regulatory reports.
- Assists the public by providing customer service.
- Assists employees with clerical needs.
- Takes precise messages and ensures prompt delivery to appropriate staff.
- Orders, issues and maintains office supplies.
- Posts, sorts and delivers mail.
- Disposes of files as needed.
- Performs record retrieval and delivery.
- May attend and record minutes for various meetings.
- Receives, documents, and distributes citizens’ requests for service.
- Uses maps to assign service requests to appropriate treatment zones.
- Notifies residents of scheduled activities in sensitive locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Two (2) years of related administrative experience.
- Data Entry/Basic Skills score of 71 is required for this position;
- Word score of 45 and Excel score of 40 required for this position;
- Departmental testing may be administered during interview;
- A criminal background check will be completed on selected applicant if a current one (less than 3 years old) is not on file.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Word and Excel.
- Skill in clerical tasks including filing, customer service, math, data entry and correct grammar usage.
- Skill in the use of general office equipment.
- Ability to accept payments.
- Ability to manage inventory and property.
- Physical Demands
This position requires the employee to sit and use hands to handle, feel, finger, grasp or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; and walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Conditions
The work is regularly performed in a relatively safe, secure and stable work environment. Thirty-seven and one half (37.5) hours per week. Normal operating hours are Monday through Friday 6:00am until 3:30pm with the ability to work flexible hours when necessary. Scheduled hours/days, job location, duties and any other information contained herein is subject to change. May be required to work extra hours and to perform extra or different duties during emergency situations.