Mobile Outreach Specialist - Admin Support Specialist 3
- Job Summary and Essential Functions
This position typically performs moderately complex level clerical tasks and receive minimum supervision in completing their daily tasks. The employee is provided with guidelines but there are usually gaps in guideline specificity that require independent thinking and judgment in interpreting and adapting guidelines to specific cases or problems; must deal courteously and professionally with co-workers and customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under the direction of the Children’s Outreach Librarian, assist with the operation of delivering library services to scheduled areas and stops in the county. This may include driving the Bookmobile vehicle.
- Works well with the Mobile Outreach Assistant to ensure outreach services are delivered professionally.
- Perform a variety of customer service and clerical tasks, including, helping customers to obtain a library card; assisting customers with Readers Advisory (connecting customers with library material including books, electronic/digital resources and other materials); checking in and checking out library materials; showing customers how to access the library’s resources.
- Shelve and prepare materials for transfer to other libraries.
- Perform computer related duties using Windows Office software applications, tablets and software for the library’s integrated library system.
- Maintain various files and indices.
- Inspect vehicle using checklists.
- Keep vehicle filled with gas, oil and other fluids.
- Report mechanical problems promptly.
- Transport vehicle to maintenance garage as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Three (3) years of related administrative experience;
- Must have and maintain a valid SC Driver’s license with a safe driving record;
- Data Entry/Basic Skills score of 74 is required for this position;
- Departmental testing may be administered during interview;
- A criminal background check will be completed on selected applicant if a current one (less than 3 years old) is not on file.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Word and Excel.
- Skill in clerical tasks including filing, customer service, math, data entry and correct grammar usage.
- Skill in the use of general office equipment.
- Ability to accept payments.
- Ability to manage inventory and property.
- Physical Demands
This position requires the employee to sit and use hands to handle, feel, finger, grasp or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; and walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Conditions
The work is regularly performed in a relatively safe, secure and stable work environment. Thirty-seven and one half (37.5) hours per week. Normal operating hours are Monday through Friday 9:00am until 5:00pm with the ability to work flexible hours when necessary. Scheduled hours/days, job location, duties and any other information contained herein is subject to change. May be required to work extra hours and to perform extra or different duties during emergency situations.