Admin Support Specialist 2 - Vehicle
- Job Summary and Essential Functions
This position typically performs basic administrative tasks; and deals courteously and effectively with fellow employees and citizens.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides administrative support for the department which requires an understanding of complex processes, data, and/or operations of the department.
- Performs administrative duties including basic typing, scanning, creating files, filing, answering telephones, taking messages, copying, computer operation, data entry and review.
- Perform all aspects of vehicle transactions to include refunds, vehicle bill additions over the counter, dealer vehicle bill additions, monthly renewals, high mileage and requests and appeals.
- Enter military exemption information into computer system.
- Process Advanced Mobile Home bills generated from Moving Permits.
- Assist the public in person, by telephone, by fax and by mail.
- Handles requests from incoming mail.
- Creates and/or maintains associated documents and databases, arranges/coordinates meetings, special events.
- Updates supervisor of critical issues/events.
- Provides detailed responses to requests for information; reviews and updates administrative procedures.
- Prepares and files required metrics and regulatory reports.
- Assists the public by providing customer service.
- Assists employees with clerical needs.
- Takes precise messages and ensures prompt delivery to appropriate staff.
- Handles and delivers mail.
- Performs data entry and review.
- Issues refunds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Two (2) years of related administrative experience.
- Data Entry/Basic Skills score of 71 is required for this position;
- Word score of 45 required for this position;
- Departmental testing may be administered during interview;
- A criminal background check will be completed on selected applicant if a current one (less than 3 years old) is not on file.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Word and Excel.
- Skill in clerical tasks including filing, customer service, math, data entry and correct grammar usage.
- Skill in the use of general office equipment.
- Ability to accept payments.
- Ability to manage inventory and property.
- Physical Demands
This position requires the employee to sit and use hands to handle, feel, finger, grasp or operate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; and walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Conditions
The work is regularly performed in a relatively safe, secure and stable work environment. Thirty-seven and one half (37.5) hours per week. Normal operating hours are Monday through Friday 8:30am until 5:00pm with the ability to work flexible hours when necessary. Scheduled hours/days, job location, duties and any other information contained herein is subject to change. May be required to work extra hours and to perform extra or different duties during emergency situations.
Something looks off?