Temp Radio Shop Technician
- Job Summary and Essential Functions
This position typically provides the performance of equipment installation, some programming and tracking tasks; and deals courteously and effectively with fellow employees and citizens.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers telephone calls to assist radio users encountering problems.
- Records problems which occur and places service calls in work ticket tracking systems.
- Installs various electronic and hardware equipment as needed.
- Identifies faults and issues relating to the Radio Communication Systems, emergency vehicle equipment and hardware and recommend appropriate paths to resolution and repair.
- Assist with County and state public safety staff through user groups and appropriate agency meetings to understand their radio communication needs and concerns.
- Observes and troubleshoots equipment operation in order to detect malfunction.
- Consults with managers/team members to solve problems impeding equipment functionality, installation and/or usage.
- Performs system maintenance functions as directed, test equipment updates and other software updates.
- Maintains safe and clean work areas.
- Troubleshoots hardware problems.
- Research technical issues as well as future products that may beneficial.
- Analyzes problems to develop solutions involving computer/radio hardware and software.
- Performs diversified duties including answering incoming telephone calls, entering information and data into the computer system, drafting, editing and distributing correspondence as well as other related duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements to Perform Work
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Two (2) years of computer experience;
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license for South Carolina with safe driving record;
- Departmental testing may be administered during interview;
- A criminal background check will be completed on selected applicant if a current one (less than 3 years old) is not on file.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of personal computers and peripheral devices with a good understanding of the Internet application systems environment.
- Skill in tasks including filing, customer service, math, data entry and correct grammar usage.
- Skill in excellent oral and written communications.
- Skill in organization, detail orientation and multi-tasking.
- Ability to work independently; under pressure; multi-task; be efficient; meet deadlines with quality work; interact with others while maintaining decorum regardless of the situation.
- Physical Demands
This position requires the employee to reach with hands and arms; stand; use hands to handle, feel, finger, grasp or operate objects, tools or controls; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use mental acuity and repetitive motion; and walk, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to forty (40) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Conditions
The work is regularly performed in a relatively safe, secure and stable work environment indoors and outdoors. Hours will not exceed twenty-nine (29) hours per week. Normal working hours are between Monday and Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00pm with the ability to work flexible hours when necessary. Scheduled hours/days, job location, duties and any other information contained herein is subject to change. May be required to work extra hours and to perform extra or different duties during emergency situations. Whenever the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is active this position may be considered emergency essential.
Something looks off?