C Software Programmer
Atlas Technologies, Inc.
Atlas Technologies, Inc., a rapidly expanding company supporting the U.S. Military and other Government entities, is seeking a passionate, flexible and highly motivated software development engineer (C Software Developer) with a strong Linux patching background and C programming experience, to join our group of Information Technology professionals. You will provide software engineering services for the Navy’s ADNS Program of Record.
Pay Band: $96,000 - $109,000 based on experience.
- Perform software development and coding with C on Linux platforms
- Develop Bash scripts on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Develop IA/Security patches for RHEL including vendor packages and STIG lockdowns
- Code within compliance of current DOD Information Assurance policies and instructions
- Potential travel to San Diego CA and Washington DC as needed (no more than once quarterly)
- US Citizenship
- The ability to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Level Security Clearance
- Proficiency in C programming language
- Linux networking expertise
- Experience with FRR routing software, including development of FRR code, and software defined networking
- Networking knowledge of OSPF and PIM
- Experience in an Agile environment is a plus
- Knowledge in coding in compliance with current DOD Information Assurance policies
- Strong customer relations, documentation, and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- A passion for learning about, and working in the IT industry
- BS Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 8+ years’ experience working with a wide range of IT products
- 5+ years of C software development experience
- 3+ years’ experience with Linux (Red Hat preferred)
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification or equivalent
We’d Be Impressed If You Had:
- Experience with Navy IT-21 networks using ADNS and CANES
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies using Red Hat KVM, ESX VMware, or Microsoft Windows Hyper-V
In addition to a great culture at Atlas Tech, we pride ourselves on our Core Values of Learning; Teaching; Passion; and Flexibility. We have been recognized in the top 25 in both South Carolina and Virginia as one of the Best Places to Work for three straight years. We have also been honored with the US DOL Hire Vets Gold Award since 2020.
Want to hear more? Read on to see what our Team Members say about their experience:
“With LEARNING as a core value, Atlas is constantly promoting ways to increase knowledge and stay at the forefront of the latest technology. Team members are regularly encouraged to continue learning and Atlas provides training resources and skills enhancement opportunities internally as well as education reimbursement if you prefer to obtain skills through outside resources or higher education.” - Wendy
“From day 1, I knew Atlas Tech was where I wanted to be. Atlas’ culture embraces creativeness, community involvement, and taking care of their employees. If you’re looking for a great place to work, come join us!” - Blane
Atlas Tech offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package, and an opportunity to make a positive impact in your own community.