Information Security Analyst
Atlas Technologies, Inc.
Looking for a career where hard work is valued, and your ideas and feedback are part of the way we operate daily? Want to bring your skills to a company that encourages teamwork and champions continued education and process improvement?
Atlas Tech, a veteran-owned IT company serving multiple DoD customers in support of America's warfighters, is looking for an Information Security Analyst in Charleston, SC.
This position is responsible for managing, designing, and supporting our network and application security platforms for an Azure hybrid environment and will work with our teams and vendors to oversee day to day operations of our information security infrastructure as well as developing and maintaining measures to uphold the security of the organization’s systems and assets. As an Information Security Analyst on our team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing security controls, tools, standards, procedures, guidelines, and meeting compliance requirements in our environment. You’ll drive strategic solutions and new ideas as well as investigate, respond to, and mitigate risks and threats. This is a great opportunity for someone to work across various infosec domains, make your mark on our infosec program and grow in your profession!
- Proactively monitor systems, logs, and process responses in addition to security events, incidents, anomalies, and alert notifications.
- Perform security scans, assessments, actively inspect and hunt for anomalies using an Azure Sentinel based SIEM, industry tools, firewalls, endpoint platforms, etc.
- Manage and coordinate responses to security incidents, anomalies, threats, and compliance issues.
- Work with various applications, services and devices like Defender, Azure, O365, Cisco ASA firewalls, Firepower, McAfee ePO, Tenable/Nessus, and other tools.
- Interact with business and technology teams on various projects and ensure that solutions meet compliance and security requirements.
- Develop and implement security measures to meet compliance requirements and protect systems from threats and attacks.
- Recommend security solutions and effective improvements to existing security controls.
- Perform threat modeling exercises for systems identifying attack surfaces, threat vectors, and recommend effective security controls to improve security and eliminating vulnerabilities.
- Review and update documentation including information system security plans, ISO 27001 and CMMC assessments and reporting, corrective actions, security related procedures, work instructions and job aids.
- Keep up to date on regulatory requirements, industry standards, and other external obligations.
- Provide technical support in respect to infosec issues.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience in security best practices and their application within enterprise infrastructure, networking, operating systems, and cloud environments.
- Familiarity with OWASP, NIST, ISO, CIS, SANS and other relevant guidelines and frameworks
- Familiarity with Azure, Cisco and Microsoft security products
- Fundamental knowledge of industry standard security tools, including deployment, administration and usage, in order to conduct security assessments, procedures for vulnerability scanning, reporting, and remediation.
- An understanding of IT and Security fundamentals (Infrastructure, Operating Systems, Virtualization, Networking Concepts, Commands and Scripting, Network Security, Operational Security, Threats, Host Security, Access Control, Cryptography, etc.).
- A working knowledge of risk analysis and mitigation strategies and have worked with team members and stakeholders to design effective remediations.
- The ability to take ownership and accountability for assisting in developing processes and continuous improvement in networking, information security systems, protections, and incident responses.
- The ability to resolve issues and fix problems when they arise.
- Excellent organizational/project management and analytical skills
We’d Be Impressed If You Had:
- Relevant Certifications (CISSP, CISM, CEH, CISA, MSOA, MCASE, Security+, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft GCC High Azure and O365 security products and platforms
- Experience implementing NIST 800-171 or NIST 800-53 controls
- Familiarity with CMMC
- An understanding of SAML and Oauth authentication processes
- A working knowledge of KQL, Python and PowerShell Scripting
In addition to a great culture at Atlas Tech, we pride ourselves on our Core Values of Learning; Teaching; Passion; and Flexibility. We have been recognized in the top 25 in both South Carolina and Virginia as one of the Best Places to Work for three straight years. We have also been honored with the US DoL Hire Vets Gold Award since 2020.
What to hear more? Read on to see what our Team Members say about their experience:
“From day 1, I knew Atlas Tech was where I wanted to be. Atlas’ culture embraces creativeness, community involvement, and taking care of their employees. If you’re looking for a great place to work, come join us!” - Blane
“I could not have asked for a better company to transition from Active-Duty military to civilian life. Atlas not only provides opportunities for professional growth, but it’s also highly encouraged. The passion and appreciation for what we do that is displayed every day, makes it exciting for me to come to work each day.” - Laurence
Atlas Tech offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package, and an opportunity to make a positive impact in your own community.
Something looks off?